- I want to audit a class. What do I do?
- What does it cost to take a class for an audit?
- Does an audit figure in to my enrollment status for Financial Aid or toward a degree?
I want to audit a class. What do I do?
In order to receive an Audit grade, the student must follow these steps:
- Register for the course first. Regular tuition rates apply.
- Bring the Audit Request form to the instructor for approval and signature. Each department will set guidelines
for the approval or disapproval of a student audit for each course.
- Return form to the Student Enrollment Office prior to the drop deadline of the class.
What does it cost to take a class for an audit?
Students who audit a class must pay the regular tuition and fees for the class.
Does an audit figure in to my enrollment status for Financial Aid or toward a degree?
Courses for which the AU grade is assigned will not count toward any certificate or
degree program. The AU grade cannot be used to satisfy the following: a course prerequisite,
in-residence requirements, financial aid benefits or veteran’s benefits. To receive
credit for a course that was originally audited, the student must retake the course
in a subsequent semester and satisfactorily complete the course.